Sunday, June 14, 2009

Pyramid Lake

On the trip to L.A. last week-end I noticed a couple of lakes in the mountains. Decided today to visit one - Pyramid Lake. This is another man-made lake. It lies on the border of the Angeles National Forest and the Los Padres National Forest. I found out today that the lake is 20 miles north of Magic Mountain (an amusement park - so that may have to be another trip in the near future).

Up to 150 boats are allowed at one time. I did not see any one doing much in the way of fishing but my view was limited to the small bit of shoreline accessible to cars. There are several day camping areas that are accessible only with a boat so the lake is larger that it appears in these photos. I think this would be a fun place to bring a pontoon boat. Enjoy the sunshine at 4000 feet elevation, chat with friends, have a picnic on board and, for those so inclined, get some fishing done!




More about this lake and the services available to visitors - later this week.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenery. Kind of reminds me of Lake Don Pedro, a lake that's a hop, skip, and jump away for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you'll visit there soon and post some photos of it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete